Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Matti Paints - Pain

I was debating for a long time whether or not to post this one but I think it's best to share.
A couple weeks ago my friend lost her grandfather and mother and while I can't be with her now, I wanted to help her in some way. I really didn't know what to do so I wanted to capture the emotion on myself and hope that in some way that would be of some use. I don't know. I'm hoping the thought that I did this will help in some way.
I hope this helps you out. XOXOX


Noteworthy: 
I had to paint it entirely mirrored in my laptop so it was definitely a challenge. I used water colours because I wanted to painting to look like it was crying. It was an extremely hard process to do, and was extremely somber. 

The playlist
The best thing about this is that it was watercolour so when I went to wash it off, it signified that the pain leaves. I wanted to show myself as fresh and clean, but I quickly found out that watercolour stains the skin more-so than acrylic paint. Strange how that happens sometimes. The reality of situations is they stay with you, implanted on your skin, but they fade and things get easier.

I planted a rose
And then I watched it blossom
And it stayed with me

No comments:

Post a Comment